The high-end innovative accounts and management software QuickBooks lets users perform multitudes of business tasks like creating invoices, tracking expenses and making tax filing sheets with ease. Even though it is quite powerful software for all its features, it is not immune to the error. Sometimes even such multitasking software gets bugs and errors causing the business owners work delay and annoyance. Human actions or technical errors can also result in popping up of error messages on the user’s screen, stalling the business operations.
So unfortunately, if you have come across any such critical error such as technical snag, the error fixing would work well in case of QuickBooks desktop. Further, you know how to solve QuickBooks error 80029c4a in QuickBooks occurring while you launch the software. The error listed below can be the error message that pops-up on desktop screen, while the 80029c4a is there:
How the error pops up?
Users will see the message: There was an unexpected error reported when trying to run QuickBooks with a company file.
Error code 80029c4a
Description: Error loading type library/DLL.
After seeing the error when we’re clicking the button OK we see another error message which reads as follows;
QuickBooks couldn’t load a system component. Restarting your computer might solve the problem. Error type; 80029c4a – Can’t load dynamic link library (DLL)
When you want to unleash many other facts to QuickBooks error code 80029c4a, then you must be connected well to the cloud and read the same. At times, it happens that error tackling can turn daunting. It mostly happens when the QuickBooks team comes to your rescue. In the end users get more time in hand and solve the problem in less time. They get the best fix within the least possible time.
About QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
The Error 80029c4a: Error Loading type library/DLL doesn’t load dynamic link library (DLL), is among the most common errors reported after most past users. QuickBooks DLL files can permit various programs for sharing the same functionality. Therefore, these DLL errors are quite common while the program or system is set up well or while you use a certain program. This error code can freeze the system, which can be very annoying for everyone. DLL files can be considered as the main reason for such errors. However, there can be other reasons behind the error with QuickBooks DLL. Now, let’s look at some other major problems causing agents for the 80029c4a error code.
Reasons For QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
The Quickbooks error Code 80029c4a pops up on your screen because of some main reasons. Before knowing how to solve QuickBooks error 80029c4a you must know the reasons for the same:
- A few QuickBooks desktop system files might be corrupted and you can’t find them.
- The application of QuickBooks can be corrupted or it was not installed in the proper way.
- A corrupted Windows registry entry might be there from a recent software modification such as install/uninstall.
- Malware or virus can corrupt the Windows file system or any of the QB program files.
- Another program can be malicious or by mistake can delete the QuickBooks-related files.
- When the antivirus defender incorrectly marks the file as infected with Trojans.
- When QuickBooks components don’t properly start or DLL files aren’t there.
- When the error is seen while you’re starting or shutting Windows, or when you’re installing Windows OS.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
You can easily see an error when you are seeing the symptoms. Thus, there are some common signs for QuickBooks error 80029c4a. Before knowing how to solve QuickBooks error 80029c4a you can check them here:
- It is possible for users to identify errors, when the active program window crashes or when the error code is also seen on screen.
- The system performs in a slow and sluggish way and responds well to your keyboard inputs.
- Frequent system freezing problem.
- The 80029c4a is seen often while installing the program.
The Best Solutions For Fixing QuickBooks Error 80029c4a (Ways To Update)
Here are some common methods relied by new and old users as well to know how to solve QuickBooks error 80029c4a:
Solution 1: Restarting the Computer
Suppose, if you’re in the habit of rarely rebooting the system and rather you’re putting it to ‘Sleep’ then it would be helpful. With rebooting you can clean memory problems and this provides a new start to installed applications.
Solution 2: Updating the QuickBooks Desktop to The Current Release
In the software life, Intuit offers some free QuickBooks update with automatic installation feature or you can conveniently do the same in your free time. These updates also fix application issues after fixing the internal problems and bugs that you’re not aware about. However, it is also suggested that updating QuickBooks software must be carefully done, mainly when you use network systems.
It is noticed that for some situations where you’re updating the application, you might get forced updates for users as all systems in your network are using the same software version. You must avoid updates in work hours as it results in unnecessary delays. Here is the step by step process to update QuickBooks software to the current release:
- Move to the File menu, and click on the option Close company or logoff.
- Now you would need to click no File and also hit the opt Exit.
- Ensure that you’re using the System as Admin.
- Make sure No company file is open on your system.
- Now you must scroll to the option Help menu and choose the option Update QuickBooks.
- Now you must choose the tab Options.
- Followed after choosing the option Mark all and hitting the button Save.
- Next step would be clicking on the tab Update now.
- Then you should click on the option Reset update and also click on the option Get updates.
- After the update procedure is at the end, you can see a pop up stating the successful update.
- Press Alt + F4 keys or Esc and choose the software QuickBooks.
- Open QuickBooks desktop and click on Yes.
- Finally reboot the system and look whether the problem is resolved or not.
Solution 3: Run The File ‘Reboot.bat’
You’ll find a little batch file named reboot.bat, when you install QuickBooks. you’ll find the file, despite whatever application version you’re using. The batch file resets all the factory system settings made by QuickbBooks over the usage course. The file ‘Reboot.bat’ has various command line programs resetting Windows registry settings for many components used by QuickBooks. The file is seen like a clean-up utility putting things in their right place when they’re messed up.
Before running the file, ensure that no QuickBooks elements run in the background. It is also applicable for the network system. For this you would also have to log on to Windows like administrator for running the file. On executing file it restarts the system, but when it doesn’t try avoiding forcing it for restarting.
Solution 4: Re-launching QuickBooks Desktop
For keeping things straight on how to solve QuickBooks error 80029c4a, you would sometimes need a simple application restart. It is among the easiest ways of fixing error 80029c4a in your QuickBooks desktop.
Solution 5: Re-installing or Repairing QuickBooks Desktop
When things aren’t working, a great way of refreshing the software is after you uninstall the same and also reinstall it. In case, when you use the application only on a single computer then this is smoother out. On networked systems, you can also follow the same cautionary used measures while updating the software. Further, you can follow the following steps for fixing the installation of QuickBooks:
- Firstly, search for a system that is not there on the network.
- On it, you must launch QuickBooks and also find the product number and license from the About option in the menu and also note information.
- Head towards the Control Panel and visit the list of installed programs.
- In this list look for QuickBooks and choose it then click on the button Uninstall.
- In the dialogue box uninstall select the option Repair and click on the tab Next.
On repairing QuickBooks, then it would be good, but when you must face the error, in that case, visit the QuickBooks products update website and click on the present release for the product and compare it with the gathered information. Ensure that the information can also match and after that visit the QuickBooks Support Download Site and also search for the QuickBooks version, download the same and install it.
Solution 6: Update Security Software
You must update security software and antivirus to the latest release and also add component/program exceptions. The steps are as follows:
- Firstly, update Antivirus or security software to the current release or version.
- Add program/component exceptions according to the manual.
- Now you must re-open QuickBooks.
Solution 7: Authorize Antivirus Settings
Sometimes it is possible that the antivirus programs accidentally blocked QuickBooks from loading the respective files. In that case you would have to check the program area listing the blocked files (sometimes this is also known as “quarantine”). You must refer to antivirus programs on setting permissions or using the links when you’re a renowned antivirus software.
If you spot any of the listed quarantined programs, you will then need to provide permission to go through the firewall.
Here the point to note is that most such files are present in the directory C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year). Also, files with (x86)in location are in 64 – bit versions.
Solution 8: Perform Clean Install QuickBooks Desktop
At times, simple re-installation won’t work in fixing errors. Thus, it would be suggested to opt for clean QuickBooks desktop installation. The involved steps in the process are follows:
- You must gather all product information about QuickBooks
- Now you can download the installer on Particular QuickBooks version.
- You’ll have License number, which is possible to spot on original packaging or in the email purchase confirmation, when you digitally bring the software.
- Also note the Product year and version.
- Uninstall the program QuickBooks desktop.
- Open the Windows Start menu, and search for the Control Panel and also open it.
- Pick the features and Programs option or also Uninstall program option.
- Now Choose the QuickBooks Version from the list.
- The next step must be choosing Uninstall/change and also removing the options. Also, choose the option Next and carry the prompts on-screen.
Tips: After you’ve completed all steps, reinstall QuickBooks desktop and in no time you’ll see the errors fixed.
Solution 9: Running Windows System File Checker
The second last method of resolving the problem can be running Windows system file checker. The appropriate steps to follow are here:
- Click on the start tab and choose and type Command in the search bar.
- Press and also hold Ctrl + Shift tabs and click the Enter key.
- After that click on the button Yes, when the permission dialog box also appears on the screen.
- Moving ahead, you must enter SFC/scannow and also hit the key Enter.
- Wait till the System file checker also finishes scanning for The Quickbooks error code 80029c4a.
The final step is following on-screen prompts.
Solution 10: Scan your system for Possible Virus Attacks or Malware
Another method to opt for is scanning systems for viruses or malware attacks. The steps are as follows:
The process also involves two steps, where you’re using Windows virus and threat protection to gauge any possibility of malware or virus attacks. It is possible to opt for externally installed anti-virus software to spot and resolve possible Trojan attacks.
Solution 11: To Update Avast Program and Virus definition
Firstly you would need to perform an Avast virus definition and make all programs updated.
- If you’re using other antivirus programs you would have to update the antivirus.
- Right-click on the Avast icon and select the option Update tab.
- Now click on the tab program and heed to the prompts for the Upgrading Avast program.
- You can perform the same steps again and select the option Engine and virus.
What does QuickBooks Error 80029c4a mean?
The Error Code 80002904a is a complex error appearing on the screen with message “loading type library/DLL can’t load a dynamic link library” (DLL). The error is reported by Q8 users while launching the QuickBooks application. Not only that, the error appears when the QuickBooks component also fails to begin working properly or when the Dynamic Link Library (DLL) files can miss or corrupt as an outcome of the abnormalities in the system.
Sometimes, antivirus security settings can be error code 80029c4a, where we suggest that users can double-check the firewall and antivirus settings for security.
What are some main reasons behind the prompt Error QuickBooks Code 80029c4a?
A few common reasons that prompt you for errors are:
- Some QuickBooks desktop system files are now corrupted and are not accessible any longer.
- The QuickBooks application download can be corrupted, or it is possible to incorrectly install it.
- You’re experiencing a corrupt Windows registry entry from a recent QuickBooks software change. This can be the main underlying cause of the problem. (uninstall or install).
- Virus or Malware infection might have corrupted Windows system files or QuickBooks associated program files.
- Another program can delete QuickBooks – associated files inadvertently or maliciously.
Let’s look At some main causes QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a Causes
- Incorrect QuickBooks desktop installation.
- Any type of corruption in the Windows registry can be the cause of such error types.
- Additionally, some damaged or corrupted QuickBooks desktop system files can’t result in such errors.
- When another program accidently deletes QuickBooks related program files, be prepared for encountering this error.
- Perhaps the antivirus mistakenly identified the QuickBooks files as infected with the virus.
What Triggers QuickBooks Error 80029c4a?
QuickBooks error 80029c4a is up on screen due to various factors. Some are as follows:
- Some QuickBooks Desktop files can be corrupted or you can find them.
- QuickBooks application download can be corrupted or it wasn’t installed correctly.
- You might have corrupted Windows register entry from recent QuickBooks related software modification such as install/uninstall.
- A malware or virus can corrupt Windows file systems or any QB program files.
- Another program can maliciously delete QuickBooks files.
- When the antivirus defender incorrectly marks the file as Trojan infected.
- When QuickBooks components aren’t starting in the proper way or some missing DLL files are there.
- When the error takes place while Windows Startup or shutdown, or while installing Windows operating system.
Thus with all these methods you know how to solve QuickBooks error 80029c4a. When the aforementioned solutions are not reliable enough for fixing major error causing issues such as the QuickBooks error code 80029c4a, then your best bet would be getting assistance from QuickBooks desktop support team after dialing their official phone number. Still if you are unable to solve the complex errors, you would have to look for expert assistance. You can avail expert assistance 24×7 as they’re very adept at offering quick solutions and also offer great tips for avoiding any future errors.