Have you encountered the QuickBooks error code 15311 in your system? This is usually a runtime error and occurs during the installation process. When the error triggers on the computer screen, the Windows may crash, or the program gets abrupt. Many users faced the issue while installing the QuickBooks application, and the error messages started reflecting on the screen, stating, “QuickBooks update cannot be completed successfully.”
If you are facing this issue repeatedly, or even if this is the first time, you can quickly eliminate the error by applying a few easy methods. These are some of the best troubleshooting methods that are very effective on the QuickBooks error 15311.
Everything About The QuickBooks Error Code 15311
Facing different errors in QuickBooks is quite common these days as many businesses use the QuickBooks Desktop Application to take next-level profits and manage their finances. QuickBooks Error code 15311 is one of the issues that normally appears on the screen when there is any problem with the installation or updating QuickBooks.
Your system may display the problem with an error message stating, “QuickBooks update cannot be completed successfully,” including the error name with the number. We will discuss various reasons for having an error in the system further.
Here is the QuickBooks error message when updating 15311 that appears on the screen while having an error 15311:
|“QuickBooks update cannot be completed successfully.”
|“Cannot connect to QuickBooks payroll.”
Common Signs of QuickBooks Error 15311
When working on the QuickBooks application, your workflow may get abrupt anytime you have QuickBooks error code 15311 in your system. Also, your system may misbehave or Windows crash automatically without prior notification. These are some of the system’s most probable signs of error 15311. Here is a list of all the symptoms:
- QuickBooks program Window crashes immediately.
- System Windows freezes and does not respond.
- QB shows an error on the screen.
- Windows is not performing as usual.
Unique Causes That Trigger QuickBooks Error Code 15311
Many reasons can unexpectedly disturb the workflow by flashing QuickBooks error code 15311 on the computer screen. These are all the possible reasons already reported for the same issue by other users using the application. However, various methods have already been found to quickly eradicate the QuickBooks update error 15311. Here is a list of all the unique reasons responsible for the occurrence of the error:
- Corrupt or incomplete QuickBooks Installation files/data.
- Existence of Virus or Malware in the system.
- Deleted or damaged QuickBooks files.
- Corrupted QuickBooks Registry Entries.
- Other apps are interfering with the QuickBooks desktop application.
6 Best Ways Uncovered to Fix QuickBooks Error 15311
It’s not a heavy task to get rid of the QuickBooks error code 15311; however, you must follow all the troubleshooting steps properly. These methods are very impressive and work like magic in rectifying the error. Follow the below step-by-step guide, and the problem will disappear from the system in no time:
- Installing the Digital Signature Certificate
- Validating the Internet Explorer Settings
- Removing the QBDT Related Entries
- Manually Fixing The QuickBooks Error Code 15311 Service Profile
- Activating the Reboot.bat File to Register the QuickBooks Files
- Clear Cache by Using the Flush DNS Option
#1 Installing the Digital Signature Certificate
Almost every software has a digital signature certificate available in their installation files, which shows the genuinity and credibility of the company. However, in some cases, digital signature certificates are missing, so the software misbehaves and shows unexpected errors on the screen.
To eliminate the QuickBooks Errors 15311 from the system, we have to download and install the QuickBooks digital certificate that is not already installed. Follow the steps to set up the digital signature:
- Firstly, press the Windows Key in the search box.
- Then, type QBW32.exe to open the specific file.
- You can click the More Results option on the files if it is not visible.
- Then, click on the Computer icon.
- Right-click on the QBW3.exe when found.
- Now, click on the Properties option to proceed.
- Click on the Digital Signature tab.
- Make sure that the Intuit Inc. checkbox is checked and already marked.
- If not, then mark the box.
- Then, click on the Details option.
- Now, click on the View Certificate option.
- The certificate window will open.
- Then, click on the Install Certificate option.
- After that, repeatedly click the Next button until the Finish tab appears on the Window.
- Click on the Finish button.
- In the end, Restart the system to apply the changes made.
- Once restarted, check if the issue persists or not.
#2 Validating the Internet Explorer Settings
While using the QuickBooks desktop application, make sure that Internet Explorer is your default browser to use the application without any restrictions. Once you have checked or set Internet Explorer as your default browser, then follow the below steps to eliminate the QuickBooks error code 15311:
- Check that the time and date of the system are correct.
- You can do this by simply clicking on the bottom right corner of the system that displays the Time and Date.
- Double-click on it to open.
- Verify the Date and Time settings.
- Select the Time Zone if it is not set up properly.
- Then, you have to verify Cipher Strength.
- Once finished, visit Intuit’s official website.
- Click on the Alt Key to open the Menu bar.
- Select the File tab.
- Click on the Properties button.
- You’ll be able to see the number under connection.
- Check the Phrase Bit Encryption.
- After that, go to the Tools option.
- Then, click on the Internet options.
- Now, you have to select all Temporary Files.
- Press the Delete button on the keyboard to delete them.
- Once finished, go to the Connections tab.
- Then, click on the LAN settings.
- Mark the “Automatically Detect Settings” checkbox.
- Leave the proxy servers blank if you don’t want to use them.
- Then, go to the Advanced tab.
- Mark the SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 checkbox.
- After marking the checkboxes, click “Verify the Publisher’s Certificates” to unmark the box.
- Make sure that the TLS 2.0 is unchecked in the Advanced tab.
#3 Removing the QuickBooks Desktop Entry
If you have already tried the above methods and cannot fix the issue, you can remove the QBDT entries from your system. To make it happen, follow the below steps, and QuickBooks error code 15311 will disappear quickly:
- Press the Windows button or click on the Start button.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Select and open the Programs and Features option.
- Now, search for the QuickBooks error code 15311 when the new window displays on the screen.
- When found, click on the QuickBooks-related entry option.
- Then, hit the Uninstall/Change heading option you’ll be able to see on top of the menu.
- In the end, follow the on-screen prompt to complete removing the related QuickBooks entries.
#4 Manually Fix the QuickBooks Error 15311
To resolve the QuickBooks 15311 error manually if no other method works, you can follow the below steps without any miss:
- Open the QuickBooks application to check whether the QB subscription is active.
- Update the QuickBooks to the latest version.
- Ensure that you are using the correct Payroll Service Key with the following steps:
- Click on the Employees tab.
- Select the My Payroll Service option.
- Click on the Manage Service Keys button.
- Edit and check whether the payroll key is correct or not.
- Then, click on the Next button.
- Select the Finish option to complete the process.
- Lastly, Restart the system to apply all the changes made.
#5 Activating the Reboot.bat File to Register the QuickBooks Files
In the list of all resolutions, running the reboot.bat file is also a method to fix the issue. This will help you re-register the QuickBooks files to rectify the QuickBooks Payroll Errors 15311:
- Firstly, exit the QuickBooks application.
- Then, right-click on the QB desktop icon.
- Select the Properties option.
- Click on the Open File Location option.
- It will take you to the QB Installation folder.
- Now, search for the “Reboot.bat file.”
- Once found, right-click on the file.
- Select the “Run as Administrator” option.
- Then, check and Verify the Admin Credentials.
- The tool will start running, and a black window will open and close automatically.
- Then, try updating the QuickBooks again.
- Now, check if the issue is resolved or not.
Please Note: If you fail to find the Reboot.bat file due to hidden files and folders, follow the below steps to find the .bat file in order to fix the QuickBooks error code 15311.
- Click on the start menu search box on the taskbar.
- Type Folder, and click on the Show Hidden Files and Folder.
- Then, Go to the Advanced Settings.
- Click on the Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives.
- Then, click on the OK to complete the task.
#6 Clear Cache By Using the Option
You can delete the corrupted caches from the system using the Flush DNS option. After deleting all the data, QuickBooks error code 15311 may disappear from the system. Follow the below steps to make it happen:
- Click on the Start Menu.
- Type CMD in the search bar.
- Press Enter to confirm.
- Command prompt Window will open.
- Then, type ipconfig/flushdns next to the cursor blinking.
- Now, press the Enter button from the keyboard to proceed further.
- Once the DNS flushing process is completed, you’ll receive a message.
- Then, click on the exit button to close the command prompt.
Now, you have all the important troubleshooting methods available that are enough to fix the issue. The QuickBooks error code 15311 is not a permanent issue and can be fixed quickly. You don’t need prior technical knowledge to follow these steps in your system. If the issue persists, you can visit the official website of QuickBooks to contact Intuit’s official technical staff to get the issue resolved.
People Also Asked About QuickBooks Error Code 15311
QuickBooks Payroll Error is a payroll update or installation-related issue that appears on the screen while installing the software or accessing the payroll section of QuickBooks.
When there is a problem with QuickBooks error 15311, your system starts freezing, windows crashes, paychecks may get stuck online, and the system works very slowly.
The QB starts hanging or freezing, or the windows may crash repeatedly when the QuickBooks error 15311 occurs on the system.
Fixing the QuickBooks error code 15311 is one of the easiest tasks. You can opt for any available or listed methods that will help rectify the error without any external help.