QuickBooks provides a tool for creating payroll computations, but errors can occur when using the service. The Quickbooks Error ps060 may appear with the message “Current Enhanced Payroll Service is Unavailable,” which frequently occurs while using QuickBooks’ payroll service.
This article will briefly discuss the causes and possible solutions to quickly and effectively solve the error.
What is the QuickBooks Payroll Error PS060?
QuickBooks Error PS060 is a frequent issue that accounting software users may encounter. The error message “Current Enhanced Payroll Service is Unavailable” can disrupt payroll operations and prevent access to QuickBooks until resolved. Although not critical, fixing the problem is not straightforward.
If you encounter another error while troubleshooting or can’t update payroll due to QuickBooks error PS060, call Error Support for an instant solution from Payroll Experts, who use advanced tools to detect the exact cause of the error.
Causes of Payroll Error PS060
QuickBooks error PS060 can be caused by multiple factors, and identifying the root cause is necessary for fixing it. The article provides a list of potential causes for this error.
Note: QuickBooks Payroll may display an error due to expired subscription settings, which can be resolved by updating billing information to ensure continued access without issues.
Quickbooks Payroll Error PS060 can occur due to various reasons, such as the Intuit server being down, using an old version of QuickBooks or payroll, third-party security software blocking QuickBooks, and the presence of malicious software like viruses and malware. Intuit does not provide support for old versions of QuickBooks.
How to fix the ps060 error in QuickBooks desktop?
Solution 1: Modify your billing or membership settings
- Go to “My Account” and select the company subjects you want to edit.
- Go to billing and select “Edit.”
- Verify provided details and make necessary changes.
- Click “Save” and then click “Close.” Then, payment information will be updated.
- Check the billing details preview.
- Click “Save” and then “Log out.”
Solution 2: Remove IE Junk Files
- To clear browsing history on Internet Explorer, go to Internet Options and click Delete under Browsing History in the General tab.
- Check the boxes for Website Files and Temporary Internet Files before deleting.
- Press the Delete button, then confirm by clicking OK.
Solution 3: Ensure that you review the settings of any third-party software
QuickBooks is software for small and medium-sized businesses. Sometimes, users may face issues due to third-party software on their systems. To fix this, they should conduct a system scan to identify problematic elements and disable them before reopening QuickBooks to ensure smooth operation without further issues caused by incompatible or conflicting software.
Regular system scans and keeping track of installed programs can prevent issues with QuickBooks accounting software. Seeking professional assistance from certified experts can help resolve complex technical problems.
Solution 4: Check your network
We advise users to check for network issues if they encounter an error. The most common cause of the error is a problem with internet connectivity, which can be resolved by contacting the internet service provider.
Solution 5: Flush DNS via Command Prompt
- Firstly, Press the Windows key + R on the keyboard
- In the Run window that appears, type “cmd” and press Enter.
- A black command prompt window will appear. Type “ipconfig/flushdns”
- Press Enter again and try using payroll once more. If you encounter the same problem, move on to the next step.
Solution 6: Verify Credit Card Details in QuickBooks Desktop
i) For QuickBooks Desktop
- Firstly, open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on the “Payroll Service” option in the “Product and Services” window while using payroll services.
- Open the Billing tab.
- Click on the “Edit” option next to the payment method.
- Fill in the correct payment details.
- Press “Save & Close” and then recheck all payroll subscription information properly.
ii) For Online QuickBooks
- First, click the Gear icon at the top of the window.
- After, click on option Account and Settings.
- Then, Click Billing & Subscription.
- Click Edit in the Payment Method tab.
- Finally, edit your credit card details and save the changes.
- Solution 7:Wait for the server’s reaction
- Quickbooks errors caused by server issues on Intuit’s end are not uncommon and may require users to wait until the website server starts working again. It can be frustrating for those who need access to their financial data, but patience is key in such situations.
- Users experiencing server issues with Intuit should wait patiently while keeping an eye on updates from the company.
- Technical difficulties can cause delays, but Intuit’s IT teams resolve most server issues quickly to minimize disruptions for users.
Solution 7: Get QuickBooks Software – Latest Version
QuickBooks Payroll users may encounter errors while using the application, which could be due to an outdated version. Updating to the latest release is recommended to resolve any issues caused by using an older version.
Using an outdated version of QuickBooks Payroll may cause certain features to malfunction. Newer versions provide bug fixes, security patches, and improved features for better efficiency.
When updating QuickBooks Payroll, users should be aware that certain third-party applications or add-ons may not work with the new version. It is recommended to check for compatibility before updating to avoid any issues.
It is clear that the article suggests ways to resolve Quickbooks error ps060, which can be bothersome and time-consuming. Also, Users can try various methods, such as verifying subscription status, updating their software, running Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tool Hub or resetting updates in order to fix this issue.
If you’re having trouble resolving QuickBooks errors like PS060, don’t worry. You can seek help from a team of experts available 24/7 who have extensive knowledge and experience with these issues and can provide quick solutions. If you’re experiencing issues related to ps060 in Quickbooks desktop, contact the support team for assistance.