It is quite common for QuickBooks users to see error interruptions, the main reasons behind such common error pop-ups are any changes in algorithms, codes, and any other settings. However, besides the diverse possibility of errors their quick resolution through different methods makes the software worthwhile for handling bulk accounting operations of large enterprises. An error code that might show up on your screen is Quickbooks error 1327, which can cause some pause in your work. The likeliness of the error increases when your USB device gets detached from the system.
The error 1327 invalid drive Quickbooks can be categorized under the installation error segment as it keeps showing up while you install the software on the system. The warning text: “Invalid drive (drive letter)” or “The drive (drive letter) is invalid” pops up.
Tips: After carefully applying the below-stated methods, you ensure to permanently avoid such errors.
What Causes QuickBooks Error Code 1327 QuickBooks?
It is possible to get yourself into error 1327 in Quickbooks desktop because of the below-stated reasons:
Moved or corrupted drives: When the user installs QuickBooks into external memory devices and loses connection all of a sudden, then they notice such errors.
Corrupt Microsoft .NET Framework: The Microsoft .Net framework is the needed component to smoothly run QuickBooks and when such components are corrupted for any reason, then you might see such error messages in the first place.
Wrong Registry Settings: When an entry for the QuickBooks software installation on your system is having an incorrect location or drive name, you’ll see the Quickbooks install support error 1327.
System-specific errors: Besides the aforementioned reasons, you might need professional help for error messages like Quickbooks error 1327 drive not valid that are system specific.
Steps For Fixing QuickBooks Error 1327
Quickbooks error 1327 can be fixed with various methods depending on the cause of the error. The users can perform below provided steps for successfully updating 1327 error status to resolved:
Method 1: Fixing The Registry Settings
- Firstly, users backup the system registry
- Further, press the tabs Windows + R.
- In regedit enter and click run tab
- After moving head to key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders.
- After you do that, you must spot entries listing drive letters you mention in message.
- Further, you need to configure the wrong names of drive to the C:\ directory.
Tip: Finish the process after you save the settings. Then restart the system again and reinstall. After finishing the process, revert all changes you made on the registry to solve Quickbooks error 1327 invalid drive.
Method 2: Remove Network Drive For Solving QuickBooks Error 1327
- The first step is to select Start tab and later opt for the programs.
- Moreover, click the tab Windows explorer.
- Visit Network drive with the available shell folder and then click the OK button.
- In tool menu select map network drive.
- Ensure that you’ve unchecked the shell folder reconnect at the logon and then write path.
- Click the OK button.
Tips: Finish the process after restarting windows and then installing programs.
Method 3: Ensure that You Have Got Proper Connection In Storage Devices
Issues in connection can often create Quickbooks error 1327. Thus, you must ensure that any cables or other such things are linked well with your system. Verify whether the Flash devices aren’t being installed on QuickBooks desktop function well and also properly connect.
Method 4: Making a User For New Window And Installing Windows
The process to install windows after making a new window user differs in different versions of windows. Further, we look into these steps in detail for Windows 7, 8, and 10 to solve Quickbooks error 1327 invalid drive.
- Start with clicking start tab
- Later, click settings button.
- Click on accounts button and select the option family and other people.
- Select the option add someone else to this PC tab.
- Now enter new password, password hint, name and click the button next.
For Windows 7 and 8
- Firstly, click Start tab. Tnen, click on Control Panel tab.
- Scroll to user accounts and then click on option manage another account.
- Then, create new account.
- Now assign name and select admin tab.
- Click the option create account, and then restart the system.
- Make sure to log in to the PC. Provide admin credentials then install again.
Method 5: You Can Configure the Microsoft .Net framework
The steps to configure the Microsoft .Net framework in your system are as follows:
- You must look for control panel programs.
- And then select turn windows on/off option features.
- Furthermore, confirm the same with the admin password.
- Make sure to uncheck the box beside the Microsoft .net framework. Then restart system.
Tips: Conclude the process after you open programs and perform same steps. Check the box besides Microsoft .net framework to resolve Quickbooks error c=1327.
It becomes quite easy to fix the QuickBooks Error Code C=1327 after correctly performing the steps noted above. However, under certain situations, it becomes tough for the user to perform fixes for the problem even after trying all of the above. Under such a scenario, your best bet is to contact an experienced Quickbooks professional who helps you in fixing Support Quickbooks Intuit Archive Update error 1327. Technically sound professionals are always available to offer prompt assistance whether you want a query resolved or want to fix complex technical errors such as Quickbooks error codes 6190 and 816.