QuickBooks has been considered a primary accounting solution for many companies. The reason behind this is the helpful features, user-friendly interface, and timely updates offered by QuickBooks. The installation and the set-up procedure are also relatively easy to do. However, during this installation or upgradation, the users face unprecedented issues stating QuickBooks error code 1625. This error code states that the installation pr up gradation is forbidden by the internal policies of the system. Therefore, considering the importance of this error code, we have made a guide below to help you understand it more and look for solutions.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 1625?
QuickBooks error 1625 is a common issue that can occur when trying to install or update the software on a Windows operating system. This error message indicates that the system’s policy prevents installation or update.
There are several reasons behind this error code. However, one common cause is a bug in the operating system preventing the installation or update from proceeding. Another possible cause is that the installation is blocked by a security setting that restricts access to the installation or update process.
Factors Responsible for Influencing the QuickBooks Error Code 1625
To understand the error code 1625, we need to first go through some of the reasons that influence this QuickBooks error code 1625:
- Any other program has accidentally deleted some critical files related to Windows installed.
- The window s registry has gotten corrupted due to some changes made to the installer.
- The user trying to install or upgrade QuickBooks is not logged in as an administrator.
- The framework of the windows installed is damaged.
- There have been some accidental deletions of the essential QuickBooks desktop files.
- There is a sudden virus invasion in your laptop or desktop
- There is a corrupted window file existing in your system
- There were some interruptions in the middle of the upgradation or refreshing the QuickBooks software
- If the computer is getting shut down suddenly
Solutions to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 1625
There are numerous ways to resolve the quickbooks update error 1625 and reconfigure the desktop settings. Below given are some of the proven ones:
Solution 1: Verify and update any obsolete gadget driver
There could be an obsolete gadget driver that may be causing the issue. Outdated or incorrect drivers can cause errors and lead to problems with the functioning of QuickBooks.
Follow the below steps to fix it:
- Use a driver updating tool like DriverDoc to identify and correct outdated or incorrect gadget drivers.
- Once the tool identifies outdated or incorrect drivers, update them to the latest version.
- After updating the drivers, restart your computer and check if the QuickBooks error 1625 has been resolved.
- By refreshing and updating your gadget drivers, you can enhance the overall functioning of your computer and fix any errors that may be causing issues with QuickBooks.
Solution 2: Disable the non-administrative prohibition on your computer system
Follow the below steps for this disabling:
- Open the “Run” Window by pressing the “Windows key” and “R” key
- Now in the search bar, type “gpedit.msc” and press Enter
- In the Local Group Policy Editor window, select Local Computer Policy.
- Visit the Computer Configuration tab and choose Windows Settings.
- Choose the Administrative Templates option and double-click on Windows Components.
- Click “Windows Installer” and then navigate towards applying “vendor-signed” updates.
- Find the “prohibit non-administrators” option and double-click the same.
- Now, turn the slider towards the “Disabled” option and click OK.
- Restart your computer and try to install or update QuickBooks again.
- By turning off the non-admin prohibition, you can change the system settings to allow the installation or update of QuickBooks without encountering error 1625.
However, it’s important to note that changing these settings can have security implications, so follow best practices and consult with your IT department if needed.
Solution 3: Configure the UAC settings
You can quickly get rid of the QuickBooks error code 1625 by disabling the notifications about the changes being done in your system from the UAC (User Account Control) settings. To do this, follow the below steps:
- Click on the “Start” menu and open the “Control Panel” from there.
- Select user accounts from the pop-up window
- Click on “change user account control settings” and then click “Continue” if the UAC window pops-up again
- Move the slider up to your preferred notification level.
- Restart your system now and try to update or install the software again.
Solution 4: Configure the software restriction policy
If the above solutions do not work, you can try configuring the software restriction policy. That might help in resolving the error code. So follow the below steps for this solution:
- Open the control panel and select the “system and security” tab
- Select “administrative tools” and click “local security settings.”
- Choose the “software restriction policies.”
- If you notice no restrictions defined, right-click on the “software restrictions policy node.”
- Now, select the “new software restriction policy” option
- Then select “enforcement” by double-clicking on it
- Now when the enforcement properties window pops out, select “all users except local administrators” open and click OK
- Restart your system now
Solution 5: Update your Windows Drivers
Updating the Windows drivers can help resolve issues with outdated or malfunctioning drivers. Follow the below steps to update your Windows Drivers:
- Open the Start menu
- Click on the Update & Security option.
- Select the Windows Update tab.
- Click on the “Check for updates” option to check if there are any available updates.
- If any updates are available, click the Download button to download and install them.
- Once all the available updates are installed, restart your system.
- After restarting your computer, check if the issue with QuickBooks has been resolved.
Solution 6: Run “regedit”
This is the last but the most effective solution for fixing the QuickBooks error code 1625. Follow the below-mentioned steps for the same:
- Click on the Start menu and type “regedit” in the search bar.
- Press the Ctrl + Shift keys together and hit the Enter key.
- Click on “Yes” in the permission dialog box that appears.
- A black box with a blinking cursor will appear on the screen. Type “regedit” and press “Enter”.
- Choose Export from the File menu.
- Give the backup file a name in the file name box as “Windows installer backup.”
- Ensure that you select the selected branch and also the export range box.
- Subsequently, choose the save tab and save the file with the .reg file extension.
Rectifying the QuickBooks error code 1625 can be easy if you strictly follow the abovementioned steps. As of now, we know that this error occurs because of some or the other misconfiguration in your systems. If you go through the same with pertinent details, you can efficiently resolve the issue and install or update the software on your system successfully.