Even if you work on the QuickBooks desktop version in the correct network range, you may encounter the QuickBooks error code 6144 82. Because this error appears when any user tries to run the desktop version or open any company files, and there are issues in doing any of these. This is a standard error code in this software; therefore, there are various resolutions to rectify it. So let us move ahead in this article and learn more about the causes, signs, and troubleshooting steps to resolve this QuickBooks error code 6144 82.
What is the QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82?
One of the most prevalent error codes in the QuickBooks desktop version is the error code 6144 82 because this error prevents the user from performing any action in the software. Generally, this error code appears when opening any company file in the software. Therefore, it prevents you from performing any activities on the company files. The error codes flash on your screen like the below:
The main reasons behind the occurrence of this error are the incorrect system settings or issues in the windows registry. However, without any delay, let’s go through some other reasons under this error code a little more.
Factors that cause QuickBooks error code 6144 82
There are several factors behind the occurrence of the QuickBooks error code 6144 82, such as:
- If your system is not connected to a proper network
- If there is some malware or virus infection in your system
- If the QuickBooks desktop version installed in your system is incomplete
- The windows registry is either damaged or corrupted
- The name of the company file being entered by the user is exceeding its limit of 65 characters
- If the user has moved the company file to another folder location
- The hard disk of your system is corrupted
- There were some recent changes done in the network settings that triggered this error code
- If the user has deleted any data or company files from the QuickBooks desktop software
- Due to incorrect firewall settings
- If available.ND and . TLG files in the QuickBooks desktop software are corrupted or damaged.
- Multiple instances are running on your system.
- The user has accidentally deleted any company files related to the QuickBooks software.
- If the user trying to access the company files does not even have access to it
Signs of QuickBooks error code 6144 82
Now that you know the causes behind this error code, it is also essential to identify the error. So below are some of the signs and symptoms that can help you in determining the QuickBooks error code 6144 82:
- If the current program you are working on often crashes
- Your system is freezing up every few minutes
- The system’s windows have started responding low and have become unresponsive to the keys or mouse movements.
- Your system is shutting down automatically
- The QuickBooks desktop version is not working appropriately
Important points to remember before troubleshooting the QuickBooks error code 6144 82
After this, you need to troubleshoot and resolve this error code. So below mentioned are some pointers that you need to keep in mind before troubleshooting the QuickBooks error code 6144 82:
- Ensure the QuickBooks desktop version is upgraded to its latest version
- There is an appropriate anti-virus system present in your system
- Proper disk clean-up is being done frequently
- The systems security software is disabled
Resolutions for the QuickBooks error code 6144 82
Follow the below methods if you wish to rectify the QuickBooks error code 6144 82 flashing over your screen:
Solution 1: Run the QuickBooks service option
- Open QuickBooks software, click “start,” and select “services.”
- From that service, list Click the “QBCFMonitoringservice” icon
- Look for the services that are already ongoing in your software and set those up for the “automatic mode.”
- If you see benefits, not in this automatic mode, click on them and hit “Apply.”
Solution 2: Rename the company file
- With the help of Windows explorer, open the company files located at “C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files.”
- Right-click on this cosplay file with the “.QBW” extension and hit “rename.”
- Rename the file name here and exit
- Try to open the company file again
Solution 3: Undo all the recent changes done to the system
- Click “windows” and type “system restore” in the search box
- Select “system restore” here, and it will ask for your administrative credentials, enter those
- Follow the prompts coming along and complete this step
- Restart your system
Solution 4: Run a full virus scan on the system
Running a malware scan on your system can be a good troubleshooting step if you suspect your computer may be infected with malware or viruses. Malware and viruses can cause many issues, including errors in software like QuickBooks.
You can use an antivirus program or a malware removal tool to run a malware scan on your system. Most antivirus programs have a built-in malware scan feature that you can use to scan your entire system or specific folders for malware and viruses. Once this is completed, restart your system and try opening the QuickBooks desktop version again.
Solution 5: Rename the “.TLG” and. “ND” files in the software
Follow the below steps to rename these two files:
- First, make sure that all users are logged out of QuickBooks.
- Look for the folder where your company files are located by clicking on C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files.
- Look for files with the “.TLG” and. “ND” extensions corresponding to your company file. For example, if your company file is named “CompanyName.qbw,” you may see files called “CompanyName.qbw.ND” and “CompanyName.qbw.TLG”.
- Right-click on each file and select “Rename.”
- Add the suffix “.OLD” to the end of each filename.
- When prompted, click “Yes” to confirm that you want to rename the file.
- Once you have renamed both files, open QuickBooks and try to reaccess your company file to see if the error has been resolved.
Solution 6: End the running QuickBooks tasks from the Task manager
- Login into your system as an administrator
- Open task manager
- Highlight the first option and press the “Q” key from your keyboard to access the QuickBooks process.
- Select the running QuickBooks process with the name “QBW32.exe, qbupdate.exe, and QBDBMgr.exe” and hit “End task.”
- Now go ahead and open the QuickBooks company file again.
Solution 7: Alter the QuickBooks account type in the system
- Open the “control panel.”
- Open “user account”
- From there, select “QBDserviceuser” and alter the account type of this to “administrator type.”
Solution 8: Move the company file you were working on to its original and designated location
- Open QuickBooks and click the “F2” key that will open the product information
- Under the File Information section, note your company file’s current location.
- Close QuickBooks and navigate to the folder where your company file is currently located.
- Check to see if the company file is still saved in this folder. If not, search for files with a “.QBW” extension in the Windows file folder to locate it.
- Once you have found the company file, please copy and paste it into the original folder you noted in step 2.
- Open QuickBooks and try to reaccess your company file to see if the error has been resolved.
We know the QuickBooks error code 6144 82 can be toned down and solved permanently with extra effort. However, even after going through the above steps to resolve it, if you face these errors at any point, you can contact the 24/7 available customer support.