Business owners, firms, or organizations using QuickBooks as their financial management system may encounter several errors. It can be frustrating when the user is working on an important task, and the error appears on the screen. QBWC1085 QuickBooks error is one of the issues that may occur when there is a problem with the log files. Web Connector helps users to connect the QuickBooks desktop software with third-party applications. This error may also appear on the screen stating: Exception TypeError: Unknown name. However, you can fix the issue without calling the expert for help. Some troubleshooting steps may help you fix the QuickBooks web connector error QBWC1085 in no time.
Understanding the Web Connector & QBWC1085 QuickBooks Error
Before jumping to the QBWC1085 QuickBooks error troubleshooting steps, it’s better to understand the Web Connector to perform them without confusion. Web Connector is a data-sharing application developed by Microsoft to share the data between the QuickBooks desktop and other third-party applications hosted on the web.
The web connector and QBDT use the qbXML, qbposXML, and local network to pass between the QB financial and web-based applications. The desktop application of QuickBooks usually faces this error when the QWCLOG.TXT file gets damaged or corrupted. The issue can be resolved quickly if the troubleshooting steps are followed properly.
How To Add a New Web Service with QuickBooks Web Connector?
Adding the new web service with QBDT Web Connector doesn’t require any technical knowledge. Remember that the QuickBooks web connector supports all the QBDT software working on QB SDK or the QBPOS SDK. The XML format file of QWC extensions opens automatically without any issues with QBWC. Here are a few required supporting versions:
- U.S. QuickBooks financial software editions
- Enterprise solutions
- Premier 2002 and later versions
- Pro 2002 and updated versions
- QuickBooks point of sale
- Canadian editions of QuickBooks Pro, premier, and enterprise
- The UK edition of Pro and QuickBooks accounting edition
Possible Causes of Getting the QuickBooks Error QBWC1085
Many users previously reported the QBWC1085 QuickBooks error, making it a common problem with QuickBooks users. However, it is better to know the exact reason for getting this issue, which can help all the users fix it quickly. Fixing these errors, such as QBWC 1085 or Payroll error 2107, is not a big task anymore. The issue occurs when the QWCLOG.TXT file gets corrupted or damaged, and an error message appears on the screen. Here is a list of possible reasons for the QuickBooks web connector error QBWC1085:
- QBWCLOG.TXT file is corrupted or damaged.
- QB is unable to access the QBWCLOG.TXT file.
- QuickBooks is unable to write the web connector log file.
- QBDT is unable to connect with third-party applications.
- QB web connector components are having any type of damage.
Signs & Symptoms for QuickBooks Web Connector Error 1085
Getting the error frequently can become a headache for anyone. Confirmation is required to fix any specific issue; the same goes for the QuickBooks web connector error QBWC1085. So, here is a list of signs and symptoms through which a user can recognize the problem:
- Web Connector functions and features are not working properly.
- The system hangs or freezes very frequently.
- QuickBooks desktop application freezes and slows down.
- Windows performance is slowed down or not responding.
- QuickBooks is not functional at all.
- If the system is showing clear messages listed below:
|QuickBooks was unable to write to the log file. QuickBooks will open without writing to log files.
|There was a problem with the log file. QuickBooks Web Connector will continue without the log file.
3 Easy Ways To Fix the QBWC1085 Error Connecting to QuickBooks
Many users often fail to find and resolve the QBWC1085 QuickBooks error through the troubleshooting steps. But fixing this issue is as easy as turning your computer on. Also, resolving this issue doesn’t take much time and will be done in no time. Here are the possible solutions to fix the error:
- Solution 1: Connecting the Company File to the Third Party Application
- Solution 2: Removing the Web Connector from the Start-up Menu
- Solution 3: Manually Rename the QWCLOG.TXT File
Solution 1: Connecting the Company File to the Third-Party Application
Users must ensure the third-party application is properly connected with the QuickBooks Company file for sharing data. Follow the steps below to quickly resolve the QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085:
- Press Windows+R on your system to run the command prompt.
- Then, type the “msconfig” and click the OK button.
- Now, click on the Start Up tab.
- Search and tick the checkbox of the QuickBooks Web Connector option.
- Then, click on the Apply button and press OK.
- Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.
Solution 2: Removing the Web Connector from the Start-up Menu
If QuickBooks is not connected with any third-party applications, removing the web connector from the Start menu may fix the issue quickly within a few minutes. Here are the following troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure you log in to your computer as the Windows Administrator.
- Then, go to C:\Progam Data\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Program\Start Up.
- Windows XP Users: Documents and Settings All Users/Start Menu/Program/Startup.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks Web Connector file.
- Select the Delete option and click on the OK button.
- Restart the system and open the QuickBooks program to check whether the issue is resolved.
Solution 3: Manually Rename the QWCLOG.TXT File
If the issue remains, you can opt for the QWCLOG.TXT file rename option. To rename the web connector file name, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First, open the Task Bar and right-click the QuickBooks Web Connector icon.
- Then, select the Exit option to close it.
- Now, open the Windows File Manager.
- Visit the C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QBWebConnector\log folder.
- select the Rename option by right-clicking on the QWCLOG.TXT file.
- Change the name from QWCLOG.TXT to QWCLOGOLD.TXT.
- Then, click on the Save button to proceed.
- Now, Reboot the Web Connector application.
- Restart the computer and run the software again to check for the issue.
All three ways mentioned above are proven solutions to fix the QBWC1085 QuickBooks error quickly. However, it may happen that any specific method doesn’t work for any of the users. In that case, the user can opt for another solution. If nothing works for the QBWC1085 error connecting to QuickBooks, the user can directly contact the QuickBooks technical expert using the contact details at the official Intuit website.
FAQs About QBWC1085 Quickbooks Error
QuickBooks Web Connector is a data-sharing application that exchanges data between the QuickBooks desktop software and other third-party applications. Microsoft developed the application, and it’s a multiple apps management platform.
QuickBooks web connector error is a commonly encountered issue by QBDT application users. The error usually occurs when the users try to exchange the data between QuickBooks and other applications. It usually appears due to the QWCLOG.TXT files getting damaged or corrupted.
Various methods are available to fix the QuickBooks 1085 error, such as renaming the QWCLOG.TXT file, connecting the company file to the third-party program, etc.